Agriculture in Africa
My Vision about Professionalization of Agriculture in Africa:
How do I achieve this vision in 5 years?
– In view of achieving this vision we need to comply with the 7 aspirations of the Agenda 2063 of African Union.
– It is imperative to harmonize the objectives of the two International Agendas which are The Sustainable Development Goal 2030 and the African Union Renaissance Agenda 2063.
– The establishment of a platform for exchange of experiences and best practices among member countries.
– The Improvement of the national infrastructure will support the expansion of agricultural activities. (Rural roads, raiways, communication, etc…)
– Support investment in research and development particularly research in adaptation and mitigation measures to face climate change challenges.
– The Commisioner of the African Union for Rural Economy and Agriculture should do advocacy among member countries towards ecosystem conservation for sustainable agriculture development.
– The Commisioner of the African Union for Rural Economy and Agriculture should work with Member States as regards the activity of the regulations for the protection of investments of farmers.
– The Commisioner of the African Union for Rural Economy and Agriculture should work with member countries to encorauge young farmers to continue planting food crops(such as cereals, tubers, vegetables, etc…) and cash crops(like coffe, cocoa, palm trees, wood, cotton, tea, Cutting flowers, etc…).
– Ensure that women and youth are empowered by leadership at all levels as the primary vehicles and beneficiaries of growth and development on the continent.